A BOLD ESCAPE TO VARANASI INDIA
1. What is your most unforgettable Escape?
A recent one was definitely Varanasi India.
2. What was the purpose of your travel?
I was curious about Varanasi which is one of the most interesting places in the world and how I was going to feel there. And of course to explore and photograph.
3. With how many people did you travel?
Alone and it was a very bold move…
4. Where did you stay?
Nadesar Palace a palace with lush gardens and from 1835 to present, the palace has hosted myriad figures of royalty as well as statesmen and celebrities.
5. What did you most like about the trip?
The feeling of the place. I felt relieved and very happy on the holy Ganges River.
6. Could you share an unforgettable memory about the trip?
Very early in the morning before the sun rises I took a boat to see the dawn. There were many pilgrims who were swimming in the holly water, and on the other site there was cremation and at the same time people doing yoga and chanting… It was such an incredible experience which made me feel very happy.
7. Your most surprising find during the trip?
I heard many negative things about Varanasi, but it was cleaner and very cheerful, full of life, not depressing at all.
8. Favorite restaurant(s) or food you have tried during your trip?
I stayed and had lunch and dinner at Nadesar Palace, which was the best.
9. What are the must tries of the city?
To take a boat trip during sunset and sunrise on Ganges.
10. Any hidden gems you could whisper to us?
Go to the cremation sides and observe…
11. Would you go back?
12. Could you list a few of your favorite finds you came back with?
Holy beads from Buddhist Temples.
13. Any tips that might be useful to know before going there?
Don’t be afraid and go alone, listen to yourself, the cycle of life and death.
14. Next stop you would like to visit?
Puglia soon and then Ibiza.